Sunday, July 7, 2013

Nivea // Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss

When these lip butters first came out last autumn, everyone seemed to go crazy for them. I was actually unable to find them at first because my CVS had sold out of them. When I did get my hands on one of these little tins, I was excited to see what all the fuss was about. It has been almost a year since I bought it and I have barely touched it. I will admit that the smell is sweet but the consistency and texture of the product is so ineffective and disappointing that this lip butter has been buried deep in my makeup drawer. Petrolatum, the most active ingredient in the lip butter, is supposed to be beneficial for your lips. However, when I put on this product, I feel like I'm coating my lips with sticky wax that takes ages to sink into my lips. Maybe I am just aversive to petrolatum based lip products. Another thing that puts me off about the Nivea lip butters is that they come in a tin so they're not particularly hygienic. Nobody wants to open up their lip butter and find a little hair or know that they are continuously dipping their fingers into the product and applying it near their mouths. Or maybe this doesn't bother you and it's just me. I would have overlooked the packaging if the product was miraculous. Back to the bottom of the drawer it goes!  This lip butter also comes in the flavors: Original, Caramel Cream, and Raspberry Rosé. Let me know if another flavor is better or what your opinion is on this lip butter!


Also, I want to apologize if the quality of my photos is not as exceptional as it is typically. The camera I tend to use is currently overseas on an adventure while I'm stuck at home.

13 comments:

  1. I got this same flavor months ago and have used it maybe twice. I dislike the texture as much as you and it doesn't leave my lips feeling moisturized at all. Not the best lip butter by far.

    mysmallrayofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nivea products.
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually really liked this product! I use it more to make my lips look more alive than for any kind of treatment, I don't think it is particularly moisturizing but I love the scent!

    mercuteify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw bummer! I never picked one of these ups because I also really don't like tin style lip balms!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad that it isn't as nice as it looks, I think i'll skip this lipbutter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never actually tried this one, but I've been curious about it! I just wanted you to know that I've tagged you in the Liebster Award Tag! If you'd like, I'd love for you to check it out!

    The Liebster Award Tag

    xo Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried the Raspberry Rose one and thought it wasn't bad, but the scent is amazing!

    www.whatmolliedid.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad I wasn't sucked into the hype with these! I've just followed you on bloglovin :)

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,,my name is Carmen and this is my new blogmiescueladetacones.blogspot.com kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the raspberry rose one and I love it, I use it nearly everyday:)x

    www.siansbeautybubble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no such a shame you didn't like this!!! I love mine, I have all 4 flavours and they're my favourite lip balms xx

    www.MissMakeupMagpie.com ❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truth be told, I only bought this item because I think lip balm tins are so cute (mini tins!). I do love the smell, but I have to agree, it does feel weird on the lips.

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
  13. I´ve got the Raspberry Rose one and I think it is really good and keeps my lips hydrated for quite a long time.
    xx Julia

    www.thingsjulialoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! xxx