Tuesday, August 6, 2013

July Favorites


August is finally here which means I will be spending most of my time packing, preparing future posts, and getting ready to go back to school. I hope everyone had an lovely July and here are some things I have been loving during the past month.

NYX 'Terra Cotta': Often compared to NAR's 'Luster', 'Terra Cotta' is a beautiful coral full of shimmer that suits many skin tones. I have been using this on the apples on my cheeks this month and forgoing a highlighter. This is my first NYX blush and will certainly not be my last.

Dr. Brandt Flexitone BB Cream: I received a sample of this BB cream in my Sun Safety Kit and have been using most of the month in place of foundation. It is a little dark for me because I lack a tan, but it does have SPF 30 which is amazing. I'm still not sure if I would purchase a full size of this because it is quite expensive.

NYX 'Emerald City': I got this eyeliner from my friend for my last birthday and I love to use it on my upper lash line to add some color to my make up look. I think the beautiful dark green color brings out my green eyes.

Maybelline 'Orange Attitude': I already mentioned how much I have been loving the Maybelline Color Whispers here, but 'Orange Attitude' is the color I have been throwing in my bag and wearing almost daily. This sheer, orange lip butter is moisturizing and has sucked me into the orange craze.

Clinique Happy. Perfume Spray: When I placed an order with Ulta, I was sent along with my order a sample size of Clinque's 'Happy.' perfume. I am not that big of a perfume girl and tend to store away most perfume samples until I go traveling, but I have actually been spritzing some of this in place of my typical body spray. According to the description on ulta.com, this perfume contains "Ruby Red Grapefruit, Bosenberry Bush Flower and Hawaiian Wedding Flower" notes. I think it is quite unique and not too heavy. I have loved wearing it this July (and will continue to)!

10 comments:

  1. I love the look of the Maybelline colour whisper, such a nice colour !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been waiting for your monthly favs.. great post.

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! Thank you for commenting on my blog, I replied to your comment on my Boots Haul Post which can be found at

    http://caitlinaaa.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/boots-haul.html#comment-form

    I look forward to seeing more posts from your blog in the future, thank you for leaving your blog link making it so much easier for me to find your blog and comment back!

    I love your blog so much & thank you again for commenting!

    CaitlinSeana|thoughts&fashion♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try out some NYX blushes! I've heard such great things about them, and they're so inexpensive! I'm definitely going to look into them.

    Je M'appelle Molly

    xo Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Clinique, Happy! Lovely blog post.

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice picks! Loving the NYX goodies especially- that emerald liner is stunning! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Maybelline "Orange attitude"!!! such a nice colour!


    dreamouutloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post
    http://exitwonds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour whispers! I wish they sold them in the UK!
    I've nominated you for the versatile blogger awatd, check it out:
    http://hannah--belle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! xxx