Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Barry M // Touch of Magic Lip Paint

Barry M "Touch of Magic" Lip Paint - $8.00

I'm sure many American beauty bloggers can emphasize when I say that every time I read a post by a UK blogger about the latest 'must-have item' at Space NK or Boots, I turn into a little green-eyed monster. Of course, I am sure that the feeling is mutual the other way around. When I noticed that Urban Outfitters sells some UK brands like Barry M, Lord & Berry, and Bourjois online, I knew this was my chance to try some of the products I have been reading about for so long.

The Barry M "Touch of Magic" Lip Paint possesses the appeal that it is green in the bullet and then changes color based on the pH levels in your skin. I've been having quite a bit of fun tricking my friends with this lipstick. The formulation of the lipstick is quite nice and surprisingly moisturizing. Although there is a significant amount of product in the bullet, the packaging is surprisingly quite small. The picture above does not give the color justice. On me, it turned into a bright pink with plummy undertones that can be worn daily. Be careful though, the lipstick stains and can be difficult to take off. In my opinion, this purchase was a great way of diving into the world of UK makeup.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting - I've never really been one for color changing products, but it's fun for sure. Barry M is a super brand with lots of wonderful shades at amazing prices. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! its so underrated i think because it does create the perfect pink lip to suit you! believe me us brits do get green with envy over american stuff!! x

    notanotheroneamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is super cool! Love the vibrant shade it creates :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try this, I've been thinking about it now for a while, but never actually picked it up, oh and I'm from the UK and I tend to get jealous when products are released in the States, but not here :( I've nominated you for the Leibster award, you can check it out here http://hannah--belle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-leibster-award-part-3.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so interesting!

    I tagged you do to an autumn tag, check it out on my blog :)

    accordingto-ellie.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colour it turned into. It's very interesting concept :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! xxx